Tuesday, July 28, 2009

"Bed-Stuy: We Cut Heads!" -Finally My Search Has Ended, Now What's Next?

I'm not sure if you guys have been following my desperate and unsuccessful search for a antique barber chair have you? Well, to bring you up to speed, yeah I've been on the hunt for one for the LONGEST time! Why? Ummm, just because I guess. Nah to be quite honest, I'm not only a fan of just iconic antique pieces, I simply admire the craftsmanship that's put into the making of them as well. If you find a really good one, in pristine condition, it's a thing of beauty I tell you. In the past during my chair hunting, I've come ever so close to finding one. But on closer inspection (i.e. in person and not in an on line photo) they never lived up to what I was hoping for. Either it was the wrong style, the price was more than I was willing to pay, the owner had not way to deliver it to me...It was always SOMETHING! I was starting to feeling like I was on-line/blind dating barber chairs (LOL). But now I take that as a sign to simply be patience, cause "Baby I found the right one!" I was reluctant to spend that amount of money through e-Bay, but something said "Al, go for it!" and the voice was coming from my gut. And my gut is rarely wrong. Angry sometimes, like when I eat cheese or drink milk, but never wrong. Long story short, BOOYAH(!) I scored the winning bid one a NICE one! Two days later it was personally delivered and reconstructed by the former owner to my crib, no problems. Luckily for you, I've decided to share this joyous occasion with you via pics I took while it was going down. Next up now, is a antique red leather tufted "Matrix" wing chair on my list. So if you see one hold it down for me. I'll spot you for it when I get paid. Promise! I got sue sue money coming in.

Peep the video from episode ONE when I was on the hunt for a
barber's chair and got side tracked. LOL

No comments:

"Come Follow Me Into The Matrix"