Monday, January 14, 2008

"Ol' School, New School Need to Learn..." Pt.1


EVERYTHING has an original source.
From time to time we tend to easily forget that.
So as a self-proclaimed audiophile
(No, that doesn't mean I molest music. Read a dictionary)
I feel it's my duty to educate the minority of "truth-seekers" that actually read the production credits when they do purchase a rap CD. The beat or (better known as) the "sample," being used can easily be found by the proceeding phrase "Contains a sample of..."
Finding these "samples", has become nothing short of an obsession of mine. Constantly disappointed by the uninspiring direction that today's music seems to be going in, I often find myself pulling a
"Marty McFly" with my choices of music, with the help of my iPod "Delorean."
Now here's where you benefit.
From time to time I'll be posting original samples of songs hopefully you're familiar with. The first of these being "Cola Bottle Baby" by Edwin Birdsong, which was used by French electrofunk group
Daft Punk
for "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger." And went on to become "Stronger" recorded by Kanye
"Wake Up Mr. West" himself. So here, drink up and enjoy!

1 comment:

Jennifly Sparks said...

wow...who knew you!
Cheers. I got this link to your site through my friend estelle.
Check my blog too
www.greenstylewatch.blogspot.com

"Come Follow Me Into The Matrix"