Friday, January 11, 2008

"The Prince is Dead...Long live the Prince!"

There is no secrecy to the fact that I'm a long time Prince fan. Have been ever since I first heard
"I Wanna Be Your Lover" followed by "Little Red Corvette" and a majority of the "1999" album (yes album, CD's were not the norm just yet). Then it became official for me once the "Purple Rain" phenom struck.
So you can just imagine the surprise and dismay I experienced when I recently tried to re-up on some of my "missing/borrowed" CD's from his catalog. Only to discover that...Dun Dun Dun...
They were OUT OF PRINT?!?
With further research, I had come to find out Warner Bros. pulled them off the shelves for a marketing plan to "remaster" all of his songs recorded for their label. Hmmm...I don't know man. Sounds like they're trying to squeeze another buck out the brother to me.
By "brother" I mean him AND me!
Plus that word "remaster" doesn't sit too well with me.
It's like a slave owner (a "master") trying to resell you the SAME slave but tells you,"No, no, trust me. This here boy is a NEW and IMPROVED slave!"
"Why You Wanna Treat Me So Bad?" suddenly comes to mind. But hey that's just my thoughts man.

No comments:

"Come Follow Me Into The Matrix"