Thursday, September 4, 2008

"Flashing Lights" -Paparazzi Pics (Pt.84)

I don't know what it is about this holiday (Labor Day) parade that turns Eastern Pkwy into "Stankonia!" Either is the piles of garbage thrown around, or it's the no panties/panties only dress code that's become the custom. Or both! Not that I'm opposed to the no/only panties thing, it's the guts that come with them that's a strong "NO THANK YOU!" for me I think. Would you agree? This year I actual made an effort to avoid attending, just due to the over-crowding and the ignorance in abundance that seems to take place among gangs of dudes, trying to holler at crotch hugging, shorts wearing girls. But the West Indian (Panama) in me sucked he's teeth and say "Go Wan." Maybe I'll see something "blog worthy." Before I even got out of the train station I started to regret it...just TOO MANY PEOPLE for me! It was like the "Great Migration" of animals in Africa. And cops were the cattle drivers! There were more food vendors then ever this year I feel. Every stand was selling Jerk something. By the time I left, with all the cooking smoke getting in my clothes, I smelt like one BIG Jerk! 15-20 mins tops is the most time I was out there, and half to that time was just trying to cross the G' damn street! I'm done! I boggle danced my ass back home, and brought a mild beef patty w/coco bread to feel like I was still down with the celebration. Maybe next year I'll be into it...maybe.






1 comment:

E'Jae said...

This looked so much fun. I'm so upset I missed it this year;(

"Come Follow Me Into The Matrix"