Wednesday, July 21, 2010

"I Dreamed A Dream Of Time Gone By" -Inception Review

I'm pretty sure you've seen this movie by now right? Or at LEAST seen the trailer huh? Well if not then let me bring you up to speed. Inception as it's called is the latest movies offering by director of the moment Christopher Nolan of Dark Knight fame. Which after having such a tremendous hit w/ his last movie decides that the thinking man's Sci-Fi is the way to cool his heels down. But a cool OFF it is not! Now with out giving too too much away I gotta say that this movie is about the mental orgasm, cause trust me you will get mind f@#ked! The best way I've been able to explain it to my peers is "Well it's very similar to the Matrix but w/less kung-fu" to sum things up a bit. LOL! But in this film the "matrix" is the mind! Or better yet our "dream conscience" where reality is what you make it. However the overall plot of the film is that Dicaprio leads a team of dream weavers on a mission to plant NOT steal (which that normally are trained to do) an idea into a "mark's" head, and to do that they must break in to his head through his dreams. But it's not as simple as it may sound. Especially being that Leo has an "agent" running around in his brain looking to foil his every move. And speaking of team, the casting is excellent in this one. As is most of Nolan's films. Both the "Juno" chick and the kid from "3rd Rock from the Sun" play their cast roles well. Real stand-out without stealing Leo's thunder. But all in all this was WAAAAY to close to being a mash-up off "Shutter Island & the Matrix" for my liking. But don't read this wrong I still sat and ate my popcorn of the edge of my seat! I'll give it 3 1/2 of 5 M's. BTW bring a pillow, it's long, and YOU too be dreaming by the time it's done. LOL!

No comments:

"Come Follow Me Into The Matrix"