Monday, February 23, 2009

"And The Award Goes To..." -Oscar Awards '09 Wrap-Up

I'll admit that I didn't watch the whole show (I'll explain later why) but what I did get to see I was pleasantly surprised by. "Wolverine" was a great choice for a host, and I think was a great change from the usual comedic hosts of past shows. Going in KNOWING "Slumdog Millionaire" was going to be the clear cut Best Picture winner, kinda killed the "edge of your seat" climatic reading of the envelope for me. But I was glad to hear that they won none the less. And the other "dark horse" winner was the "Dark Knight's" Ledger performance...YES! It was well deserved. Here's who else made the cut:

Best Picture, Director, Adapted Screenplay, Original Score, Original Song, Film Editing, Cinema-tography, Sound Mixing: "Slumdog"

Best Actor: Sean Penn
Best Supporting Actor
: Heath Ledger

Best Actress: Kate Winslet
Best Supporting Actress: Penelope Cruz'

Best Animated: "Wall-E"

Some other site gave me a shout out for the Oscar party I hosted this year. Read what they said here

No comments:

"Come Follow Me Into The Matrix"