Wednesday, July 20, 2011

"Say Wizard! Voldemort's Gone, A N***a Dead!" -Harry Potter's Deathly Hallows Pt.2 Review

Part Matrix, part Star Wars: Episode 3, part Lord of The Ring: Two Towers, and a lil' Raiders of the Lost Ark...this LAST Harry Potter film threw everything but the kitchen sink into the foray to wrap up the long anticipated conclusion to the 11 part series. And it was WELL worth the wait! Truthfully speaking I'm sorta glad that I never took the time to sit down and read the book versions. I think it would've spoiled by my pre- conception of the characters and the plot would've been ruined for me knowing the out come. And what an outcome it was! The director who'd handled the last three before this one, hit it on the mark with the tone and mood that the films NEEDED to be taking seriously more than a tween fantasy book. Though the main characters are young the situations are VERY adult. Don't get it twisted alot of people DIE defending Harry! Young students at that! But the movie deals with that very maturely, and you get a good sense of the grave nature of why Voldemort must die. But I must say I was a bit disappointed in the ending, if I had to nitpick something "bad" about the film, but it was poppin'! I know my friends are gonna joke on me for saying this but (deep breath) Yes, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt.2 was POPPIN'! There I said it. They should've named this one "Hard Hittin' Harry Potter!" LOL. I'm givin' it 4 1/2 out of 5 M's. Now poof! Be gone.

No comments:

"Come Follow Me Into The Matrix"