Monday, May 24, 2010

"You Better Shrekognize!" -Shrek Final Review

First off let me say I'm a big fan of the Shrek series! I think the creativity and attention to details that the Dreamworks team puts into each film is on a level par none. It's one of those rare computer animated film that you really question "Is it REALLY for the kids?" Simply because the jokes are a bit mature. And unless your 3-5 yr old is a well-read scholar in the writing and works of EVERY fairy tale EVER written, I'm not sure they'll FULLY appreciate the inside joke humor! So with that being said, let me get back to the film at hand, which is "the Final Chapter" (yeah right!) in the Shrek run. To begin with, I bought the tickets a day in advance to avoid the Sat. "nanny and baby mamma matinee" rush that you know the opening weekend of a rated G movie can bring. So all that I needed to do was show up, get my cool 3D glasses, and sit my ass down somewhere. Honestly I'm starting to be over the whole 3D trend right about now, but I had a feeling that this movie would do it justice...and did it! From the first opening scene, you can tell that their intent was for this to be in 3D in the first place, and not just jumping on the bandwagon last minute to rake in a few extra bucks. Or it least I think they didn't (lol). Whatever the case, it worked. What also worked was the pacing of the film. The story about how married life for Shrek was wearing him thin, didn't drag on. The main characters and plot was set up so you can jump right in, while being respectful to the story of the last 3 before this one. The ONLY problem(s ) I did have was that the film's villain "Rumplelambskin" sorry..."Rumplestilskin" was (to me, in my opinion) EXACTLY the same villain character ("Syndrome") from the Incredibles movie! Height, voice similarities, (red) hair and all! Mine you, I love both characters, but I'm just pointing it out. And the only OTHER problem I had wasn't with the movie itself per se'. It was the fact that to the left of me seated was some freakin' "man-boy" oooo-ing and ah-ing and cackling loudly at EVERYTHING that came on the screen! UNF**KIN' believable dude! Is this your first time EVER watching a 3D movie and s**t?!? Or a f**kin' movie PERIOD?!!? Sheesh louise! The louder he laughed, the LOUDER I laughed, but he never caught on. Then to top things off to the right of me was some 10 yr. old kid SNORING like a man twice his age! Then was pissed, when his dad finally woke him up as the credits was rolling! Kid, you're pissed? Yeah? Well we were too! Your pops shoulda woke that ass up a long time ago! I was thisclose to putting my popcorn bag over his head, and taking the charge! Leaving Shrek in handcuffs LOL! I'm giving this one 4 out of 5 M's!

No comments:

"Come Follow Me Into The Matrix"