Monday, March 16, 2009

"I Wanna Rock Right Now!"-Dwayne (Lil') Wayne's In A Different World!

Now don't read me wrong, I love it when an artist can stretch beyond their commonly know limits and venture into something new but WHY go backwards? The problem I have is I think folks fail to realized Rap is the number ONE selling form of music on the charts right now! Why try to go Pop (Kanye?) or Rock (Lil' Wanye?) if you're out selling those guys ANYWAY? Let one of those Rock dudes try and make a Rap album, you'd be all over him in a heartbeat. To me Pop is any widely pop-ular selling song from ANY one of those genres, the way I see it. History has proven that and large percentage of modern music is derived from black culture (i.e. Rock, Rap, Jazz, R&B, Soul) yet we (as a people) STILL don't feel successful unless we "crossover" and adored in white folks eyes. Haven't we proven ourselves enough? My President is black for God's sake!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

See I love POPULAR music..I don't necessarily think people are purposely trying to go backwards. I think its just the sound they are 'feeling' at the moment.

I think there are a lot of people who jump on the bandwagon but I don't think artists should be criticized for creating something that appeals to the masses.

I say CELEBRATE it! and POPULAR music makes people smile..

"Come Follow Me Into The Matrix"