Wednesday, October 14, 2009

"Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow!" -Chris Rock Goes To The Root Of Black America's Hair.

The always politically incorrect comedian Chris Rock (you remember him? From SNL, New Jack City's "Pookie" and he DID have his own show at one time? Yeah him.) has a new gotten his hands tangled up in the on going African-American debate over the quality of hair ie "good hair." I've been hearing the buzz going about how funny and informative this movie's message is. Will it change anything? I doubt it, but who really knows? Fact is that based on personal self image and social acceptance, women (yes some men too) have taken issue over their "wig piece." Me personal, I'm a naturalist. I'd rather it be short and stylish, than long and had a previous owner. But that's just me, I think I'm allergic to weave to be honest. That and cat hair (which is the same thing FYI) always agitates my eyes something awful man! Hopeful the film will enlighten a few and wake black Americans up out of the "weave matrix." Comb over the trailer and tell me your thoughts on this one.

No comments:

"Come Follow Me Into The Matrix"