Thursday, January 14, 2010

"Old School, New School Need To Learn" - 'Grass Life Gets Cuts Short

I'm pretty sure you've heard the news by now. Soulful singer Teddy Pender
grass
died today at the young age of 59 years old. God decided to "Turn Out the Lights" on Teddy after a year of the singer battling colon cancer (warning to you fellas out there!) I felt all Harold Melvin blue inside, when I first heard the news. I know Philly as well as the world will miss him dearly. However his music lives with us still, so today I dedicate this "Old School..." post to "Big Teddy" and the still DOPE rap record by Ahmed ("Back In the Day") that sampled one of his biggest hits ("Love TKO") that became a hit itself! Life may have TKO'd Teddy, but he's still a champ to us.


Teddy Pendergrass- "Love TKO"


Ahmed- "Back in the Day"

No comments:

"Come Follow Me Into The Matrix"