Friday, September 24, 2010

"Dougie's Not That Fresh"-The Town Reveiw

Yeah it was #1 at the box office last weekend but have YOU seen this yet? Folk are claiming it's the second coming of that Michael Mann movie classic "Heat" but after seeing it it came off more to me more like "lukewarm" Kudos to Afflecks second directorial feature but "the Town" was missing a few "people" as in character development in the other leads. I do admit it DOES have it's moments of tension building to the heighten scenes of their run-ins with the police but Ben's (Affleck) role "Dougie" was the only likable figure in the whole film! I felt w/"Heat" you had two sides to root for Pacino or Deniro's. AND you got a lil' insight of the other major players backgrounds. Although some of the plot mechanics were cliche' I was at the edge of my seat feeling like I was along with the crew during their bank job heists. INTENSE! But I WAS hoping for a much different (as in better) ending to the story. I won't get into the details if you haven't seen it yet. Now I'm not saying DON'T see it. But what I AM saying is it's more of a Netflix/Blu-Ray on a date night chiling at home with your "boo" and a nice chilled bottle of Riesling and a hot plate of shrimp scampi with dimmed lights and George Benson playing in the background type of movie. That's all I'm saying. I'm giving it 3 1/2 out of 5 M's (MMMmM)

No comments:

"Come Follow Me Into The Matrix"